}

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS...a few days early!!

Last year around Christmas time I was seeing all these cool pictures with Christmas lights in them and they looked amazing to me.  I knew I wanted to learn how to create the look so I read lots of tutorials online about it.  But, the season got away from me.  Having a 3-month-old at the time, I just didn't have the energy or patience to put into "playing" with my camera.  So, I vowed that next year I would work on it.  Well, this year came and here we are!  I wanted to share some of my attempt at Christmas photos with you.  I know they aren't amazing, but I'm proud of what I was able to create and am excited to learn more throughout the coming year so that hopefully my pictures get even better next year.  I was just thinking tonight how people say "Practice makes perfect".  I have never really agreed with that saying, even as a child, because the extremely literal side of me says "No one can be perfect, only God is perfect!".  SO...I always say "Practice makes better!".  So, I'm hoping every year, with more practice, I get BETTER at what I do!  :)

Enjoy!  And hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season...and maybe even enjoying some time off of work or school!


             






Our attempt at a family photo!


More like her Momma than I thought!  She'd much rather be behind the camera than in front of it!


My husband gave her a sugar cookie...or maybe two?  Either way, she was messy...and hyper!




Decorating our homemade Christmas sugar cookies







She was clearly getting annoyed with me!


Our sleepy "babies"




Playing around with the settings on my camera!  ;)




And if you didn't receive a Christmas card from us this year, here you are!  (Sorry, we cut back this year and just weren't able to get to everyone, but you are all in our thoughts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment