}

Saturday, January 7, 2012

My 52 Week Project : Week 1 {breakfast}

I’ve had an interest in photography for several years now, but feel like I don’t know near as much as I want to.  I know the very basic “basics”, but I want to know more.  I want to feel confident with my camera and feel like I can go anywhere or be in any situation and know how to capture a beautiful image.  Or at least get close!  ;)  So, about a month ago I signed up for a membership to Clickin MomsClickin Moms is a place for women to share their photos and love of photography.  They have all sorts of info, resources, and workshops to help women learn more about photography and really make the most of their passion.  I haven’t participated as much as I had hoped to yet, but I am going to try to get more involved.  I asked for money for my birthday this year (which is coming up in just a few short weeks!) and I decided I’d spend it on a Clickin Moms workshop (Shooting 101) and start the new year off with more knowledge about my hobby!  The workshop starts on Monday and I cannot wait!  I’m sure it will be challenging, but I am excited to learn!  Also, since we just rang in the new year, the Clickin Moms forum has had many new photography “projects” pop up in hopes of getting people using their cameras more.  One that I decided to participate in this year is a 52 week photo challenge.  Each week we get a topic and have to submit a photo based on that topic.  I am really excited to participate in this challenge as I really think it will help me to keep using my camera and get better and more creative with my shots.  Also, I LOVE that there is a topic every week because there is no way I could think of something different to shoot 52 weeks out of the year!
This week’s topic is “breakfast”.  And here is my submission!  


I knew I wanted Rylan in my shot this week, so I made sure to take some pics of her eating one morning.  This is my favorite one.  This was the first time she’d ever eaten Fruit Loops and she liked them A LOT!!  ;)  Glad that worked out for her so well!  And glad they kept her occupied while I took pictures of her - from ALL different angles!  ;)
I’ll be back next week with my next photo.  I can’t wait for tomorrow when I find out my topic!
Take care!

1 comment: