}

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Two tiered end table

I’m so excited to share this table with you!  




It was looking pretty shabby when I picked it up at a garage sale a month ago.


The top really needed some help!



I am really loving the look of a stained top and try to do it on all the pieces with tops that are in good enough shape.  I think it lets the piece keep some of it’s previous life and still get a fun makeover!  For this piece, I used Dark Walnut stain by Minwax, the same stain I used for my first painting project.
I absolutely love the color!




The body of this table is done in Provence, an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint color.  It is such a fun color.  Very vibrant and cheery!




I also tried a new technique on this piece!  I taped off stripes on the drawer and dry brushed them in Old White by Annie Sloan.  It was my first time ever attempting dry brushing and I really like the way it turned out. 



I’m really starting to enjoy taking more risks and trying new things when I refinish these pieces.  I feel like it gives the pieces more personality than just being painted one color and doing nothing else with it.  I’m having fun with it and I feel more and more creative the more I use my creativity!  I love it!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest project!  I'm still working on finding a way to sell my painted furniture, but once I figure that out, this piece will be for sale...or you can always contact me if you are interested in it.



I'm linking up to the following blogs to share my project!

Today's Creative Blog - Get Your Craft On
Domestically Speaking - The Power of Paint Party
{Primp} - Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Embracing Change - Creative Inspirations
Restore Interiors - Restored it Wednesday
Liz Marie Blog - Link Up With Me, Liz Marie
House of Hepworths - Hookin Up With HoH
The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday
Miss Mustard Seed - Furniture Feature Friday
Tatertots and Jello - Weekend Wrap Up Party

19 comments:

  1. I love Provence too. YOu are doing great at trying new things. I used to be such an 'in the box' person, Annie Sloan shattered my box. ;-) I have such freedom in my painting now, i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally loving your stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation. It looks great.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute table. :) I am going to try some new refinishing techniques, too. I have always just painted things white because I know I will love it. But, I want to try something new. Love the blue and the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful little table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it. At first I thought you did stripes and just distressed them. I never would have guessed you dry brushed them. Well done, Allison, well done : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! Thank you all for the sweet comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great garage sale find -I LOVE the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how it turned out! I found you via tatertos and jello. I have a dresser in my living room that color and just redid an end table in Annie Sloan paint (with stripes). Love that stuff! I think we have some of the same tastes : ) I have a giveaway going on for an Annie Sloan Gift Basket if you are interested in stopping by. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, this looks awesome!! Doesn't even look like the same table -- and I LOVE the striped drawer front! Visiting from Tatertots & Jello :)

    Charlie @ Match Made On Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is soooo cute!!!
    Will you come over and re-do my living room stuff....????

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all again for the sweet compliments! It means so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just a cute little table! Love the antique walnut - also my favorite stain. I love the stripes, the color. Really I love it all. Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey Of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  14. I featured your adorable table today! Come by and grab a featured button!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! Thank you so much for featuring me this week, Stacey!

      Delete