}

Monday, February 20, 2012

My 52 Week Project : Week 7 {red hot}

Week 7’s theme was “red hot”.  We could shoot anything that was red, hot, or both red and hot!  :)  Of course, once I found out what the theme was, all I could see was red!  I saw every little red detail on every toy and book that my daughter owns.  It was crazy!  I wanted to shoot something that meant something, though, not just something red.  This weekend we went to my in-laws’ house to stay over night.  I knew we were going ahead of time, so I kind of put off my “assignment” until then.  I like to shoot outside of my home because I get a little bored shooting the same stuff all the time, so when I have an opportunity to shoot somewhere else, I take it.  I had a couple ideas of what I wanted to shoot for “red/hot” this weekend.  I knew I was going to see a movie at the theater, so I thought it might be fun to shoot the lit up movie theater sign...but I didn’t.  Maybe another time, though, because I think it would be fun.  Another thought I had for “red/hot” was to shoot traffic on the highway.  Standing on an overpass at night, I could blur the motion of the cars’ taillights heading away from me which would result in some cool red lines.  Again, didn’t do that, either, but really want to some time.  It ended up snowing and there was no way I was going out in the cold!  Haha!  Maybe I’ll try it in the summertime.  :)  
One more thing I thought of was the Raggedy Ann doll my mother-in-law owns.  She’s had it for several years and keeps it in a box in a closet.  She likes it a lot, but doesn’t want it to get ruined by sitting out (which I totally understand!).  I knew she had it, I knew the doll is special to her, and I knew it has RED hair!  Perfect!  I gave it a little bit of a vintage feel both in setting up my shot and in post processing.  I staged her on the guest room bed which has a beautiful quilt and soft colored pillows on it...and the room just so happens to have a window with amazing light coming through it!  Then, in post processing I gave the photo just a little bit of a vintage look.  I didn’t want to go overboard because I don’t like my photos to be too processed.  Just a little “improvement” to give the photo the look I was going for.




I know I’m super late on week 7, but I’m hoping to be super EARLY on week 8.  Look for it in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment