}

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

fun-filled weekend (lots of pictures in this one!)

Yep!  It’s me again!  Finally!  After a long hiatus, I’m back!  I have decided that I really enjoy blogging and want to start doing it again (how many times have I said that?!).  I have had a lot of changes since I last blogged - like, I gave birth to my daughter last fall!  That has definitely been the biggest change.  The catalyst to every other change, I think!  And I’m so happy about it.  She has helped me sort through what is important in my life and what doesn’t really matter.  It’s still a work in progress, though...I think it always will be.  
So...for my first blog post back on the “scene”, I thought I'd write about my Easter weekend.  My husband, Travis, had the week prior and the weekend off from work, so I took the week off, too, and we went “down south” as we call it, to see family.  (Living in Ludington now, “down south” is also “back home” about an hour and a half drive south of Ludington.)  We stayed at my in-laws’ house for a few nights and got to see Travis' uncle who was in town from Minnesota.  It is always fun to see him and we had a great time visiting!  

Rylan and her Nana
We also went to Ann Arbor to see my best friend, Rachel, and her family.  Her son, Jonah (5 months), is recovering from his second HLHS surgery at the U of M hospital.  The surgery went amazingly well and he is recovering very quickly.  And I just found out today that he should be able to go home tomorrow which, I’m sure, the whole family is excited about!  While we were there, Rachel and her husband, Joe, showed us this really cool outdoor play area for kids right at the hospital.  It is actually on the 8th floor of the hospital and over looks the surrounding area.  It was very cool.  Rylan got to play with Rachel and Joe’s oldest son, Noah, while we were there.  Rylan has never been to a playground before, so this was a new experience for her...and her parents!  We had fun watching her as she tried out all the new toys.  Her first ride down the slide was so fun to watch!  And she wasn’t scared at all!  Such a brave little girl!  :)  

quickly taking the pic before she falls off!

Rylan and Noah on the slide


Having way too much fun!!  :)


After we spent some time with our friends, the three of us headed for Detroit to go to Rylan’s first Tigers baseball game!  The weather was gorgeous!  The gametime temp was 72 degrees and it was sunny out (a huge difference from the gloomy, cold, rainy weather we had been having).  Rylan did really well at the game, too.  She was pretty content the whole time except for a little fusiness here and there.  She’s such a “trooper”!!  Haha!  :)  





sitting in a "big girl" seat
(no, we did not buy her a ticket, the seat was open!)
The lady messed up Rylan's "certificate",
but it's the thought that counts, I guess!  :)

Lastly on our crazy run-around weekend, we had Easter dinner at my mom’s house.  We had a nice time eating and enjoying everyone’s company.  And watching another Tigers game!  It’s good our families love the Tigers just about as much as we do!  :)

My brother, Alex, with Rylan on Easter


cutie in her Easter dress


Oh, and randomly, I got my nose pierced (again) this weekend!  (You may be able to tell in one of the pics if you look closely)

1 comment:

  1. The memories and photos are priceless. Thank you so much for sharing everything! By the way, Rylan's eyes are glowing blue in the photo in her Easter dress. Such a pretty girl ... like her mommy!

    ReplyDelete